A few years ago I begged for a waffle iron. I was going to make waffles everyday. I had good intentions, but barely ever used the thing. I finally dusted it off this last weekend and decided to make apple waffles. I am a huge fan of apples in desserts and breakfast foods (pancakes, waffles, etc.). These waffles were ridiculously delicious! I feel like I’ve been missing out my entire life!!
Adapted from Food Network
3 tbs butter
1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
2 tbs sugar
1 1/2 cups milk
1 apple peeled and chopped
1. Melt the butter in the microwave.
2. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a bowl
3. Beat the eggs and milk together in another bowl
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients and add in the melted butter.
5. Mix until all ingredients are fully incorporated and then fold in the apple chunks.
6. Heat the waffle iron and spray it with butter or brush it with butter. Then fill up the squares with the waffle mix, making sure not to overfill them. Cook the waffle until golden brown.
My first waffle was a tester since I haven’t used the iron in years and the first one usually comes out badly. I also heated my syrup and added whipped cream on top! Enjoy!
What is your favorite waffle mix in?